· 1 min read
Windows Universal Installation
Since Windows Vista, Windows Installation disk’s have come with all Editions on the disk. These means if you want to create a single USB bootable drive which will allow you install:-
Windows 7 Starter Windows 7 Home Basic Windows 7 Home Premium Windows 7 Professional Windows 7 Ultimate
Of course you will need a valid Product Key for the version you want to install.
How to get all editions : -
1. Create an ISO of your DVD.
2. Mount the DVD using virtual clone drive or something similar.
3. Copy the all of the files into a folder.
4. Locate the ef.cfg file located in the sources folder and rename it to ef.cfg.bak
5. Create a new ISO from this folder, create your USB from the newly created ISO.
When you boot the USB drive you will be able to select which version to install.
NOTE: This also works for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Media.